Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A farewell letter to my piercings

To my dear torso piercings,

It fills me with great sadness and loss to have to inform you that you will no longer have a place in my body. I have, quite literally, outgrown you. Belly Ring, you have been my constant companion for the past 11 and a half years. You were my litmus test on if I had gained too much weight, because everyone knows that larger girls just don't look as cute with them. If anything, it draws attention to the fact that your stomach is not flat and that your belly button has become more of a cavern for the crumbs of food instead of this cute little indentation on your torso. However, I digress. I removed you due to my pregnancy. I knew that it was becoming imminent for you to be taken out because of how much closer to the skin your bar was becoming. It was starting to get weird when I would rub my belly and I could feel the strain between you and my expanding belly. 

Now, it's VERY weird to see the hole where you used to be. I haven't seen my tummy so...blank...in over a decade. Needless to say, this will take QUITE a while to get used to.

I know I said "piercings" earlier. Lets just say that feeding a baby with these may not be a great idea (although I do know that you can, as long as you take the necessary precautions!) You had been my friends for almost 5 years. While I was very unsure about you in the beginning, I grew to become very fond of the both of you. However, I was soon down to just one as one piercing never really took. Nevertheless, I relished in the sight of having you in one of the most sensitive of areas. The pinching you gave me two weeks ago led me to the conclusion that it may be time for you to be removed as well. 

So, I'm guessing this is a letter of a temporary farewell to my vanity. While I really enjoyed the look having the metal in the various areas of my body, I enjoy the look of my baby belly even more. I certainly wouldn't find my embedded nipple ring or ripped navel piercing all that hot because I was insistent that I could have my cake and eat it too. I mean, c'mon, I am trying for 2 kiddos here.

But, my piercings, take heart. You will be restored once I get this baby stuff out of my system. You will be very missed in the mean time.

Love always,
My belly button and boobs 

No comments:

Post a Comment